@jaybird I spent at least three minutes trying to figure out what the heck they were talking about with those prices and percentages. Still couldn’t figure it out. Then I spent another five minutes and went to the website that they were referencing and saw that the original price for these items are $1800 or so, and that 72% off does indeed put it around the $500 mark. I would still say it’s rather misleading, considering the company does not sell these trees for that amount of money anymore.
@jaybird so it’s 72% off MSRP. Probably due to manufacturer restrictions on price comparisons and discounting. So much for free market capitalism and transparency in pricing and not at all price fixing by manufacturers frying to keep prices artificially higher than they otherwise would be with resellers competing on price and service.
@curtise Curtise! How are ya? I didn’t go digging around. I just looked at the listing and did quick math in my head and knew something was off. I didn’t look at MSRP or anything like that. If technically I’m wrong I’ll admit it and I’m okay with that. I was just going off with the instant comparison. Hope you’re doing well. It’s been a minute.
Specs
Product: National Tree Company 9’ Christmas Metallic Hinged Tree with 2000 LED Lights
Model: XTG13-304L-90, XMS13-304L-90
Condition: New
What’s Included?
Price Comparison
$680 at National Tree Company
True Gold | Matt Silver
Warranty
90 days
Estimated Delivery
Monday, Oct 19 - Wednesday, Oct 21
It looks like meh is starting to adopt woot pricing strategies. $499 is not 72% off. $680
@jaybird I spent at least three minutes trying to figure out what the heck they were talking about with those prices and percentages. Still couldn’t figure it out. Then I spent another five minutes and went to the website that they were referencing and saw that the original price for these items are $1800 or so, and that 72% off does indeed put it around the $500 mark. I would still say it’s rather misleading, considering the company does not sell these trees for that amount of money anymore.

@jaybird so it’s 72% off MSRP. Probably due to manufacturer restrictions on price comparisons and discounting. So much for free market capitalism and transparency in pricing and not at all price fixing by manufacturers frying to keep prices artificially higher than they otherwise would be with resellers competing on price and service.
@curtise
@curtise Curtise! How are ya? I didn’t go digging around. I just looked at the listing and did quick math in my head and knew something was off. I didn’t look at MSRP or anything like that. If technically I’m wrong I’ll admit it and I’m okay with that. I was just going off with the instant comparison. Hope you’re doing well. It’s been a minute.
@curtise technically, meh is in the clear because they use that phrase ‘up to’.
Bah humbug
What’s with all the Christmas stuff? Can a mensch get a menorah?
Dare I amend it to “meh-norah”?